Well Chaps, I bid you farewell... for now

Started by Michael Allen, September 22, 2004, 12:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Allen

Higher education has given its call, and tomorrow morning I'm off to Seattle Pacific University. I fear that I can't keep up this hobby anymore since a major in Chem and double minor in Physics and Math will most likely occupy all of my time.

I do appreciate all of the help I have received from all of you guys and when I have more time and can break out the solder I hope to rejoin you. But for now I have to wrap thinks up at the work bench and travel on to my next destination.

I did finish up my last projects today and boxed it all up in my homemade pedal board / suitcase. As is, it's a 9v, three transformer, 500ma power supply with 8 outs -> Danelectro Tuner -> Geo Transformer A/B -> Small Stone Clone -> Tube Reamer -> Phaseur Fleur -> Minibooster -> EAN Trem -> BSIABII. I've also got an Omnidrive, Vulcan, and RAT in rotation. All of these I've assembled with the help and guidance of you fine folks. Your help is much appreciated.

I do hope that I don't follow the path of Av and dissappear completely. I'll see you guys on the flip/flop!!!

Sic

Good luck! Pedal building will never leave ya... it'll be in your mind always...

the other day i pased an Olympic Auto Wash (some car wash) and the S in wash was missing... i kept thinking about Olympic auto wah all day long LOL

once you're bitten, you're done for.

Good luck with school, all joking aside i wish ya the best

Fret Wire

Michael, good luck this semester, and have fun.

And thank you for some nice layouts that you provided us on your Noise site. :D

Take care, and keep the grades up! 8)

Pete
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

zachary vex

you may want to pack the soldering iron and some solder just in case you need to patch up something!  8^)  you may win some friends or meet a significant other by being handy with a hot tool...

Peter Snowberg

Best of luck Michael! 8) :D

You know where we'll be. ;)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

petemoore

Ah yea, I understand...you're changing priorities...I had bass players do that too...lol.
 ...just ribbin' 'ya one time ther...
 All pokes aside, best of experiences in the new venue, Seattle [King County] is a magical place IMO [and according to indgeneous Indian lore], stunningly beautiful...fresh sea air...ahhh...great place to be.
 I hope you have a wonderful time there, and hope to see a post from you in the fiarly near future !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fret Wire

BTW Michael, when you have spare time between your studies, think about this:

CHICKS!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Phorhas

Good luck... and by all means don't think about us or solder in you spare time... think chick... it is after all, college
Electron Pusher

LinuxMan

Heh,

I don't know about you guys, but if we go to college (high school or
whatever's called)  here (Europe) there is no need to give up life. In fact
there's time in abundance (at least until the exams begin = last 2 or so
months). Until you get a girlfriend that is. Now that's another issue. ;)

Cheers
LM

Ge_Whiz

As a University chemistry lecturer myself, Michael, I can offer two pieces of advice:

1. Thermodynamics is not as hard as people make out.

2. You can never have too much math.

Good luck!

puretube

Mark Hammer

I wish you good teachers, good classmates, cheap textbooks, a decent class schedule, and decent teaching assistants.

If you do what it is people do well here - namely remain eternally curious, and help each other out - you'll do well and have a great time.  I'm sure you'll receive a warm welcome when you send us those intermittent postings during your down time.  (You WILL send us postings during your intermittent down time, right?)

One of the unusual things about adulthood is that the format of friendship changes.  In college, every day was hanging out with friends in class, at the library, or simply dinner with roommates.  Then gradually, surreptitiously, all that constant contact gets displaced by other things, much of it just as pleasurable to be sure (like parenthood or good work), and you start getting accustomed to seeing your "friends" every couple of years.  You get used to it.  That's not meant to discourage.  Rather, I think you'll find it surprising how much it will feel like you never left even when you've been away for months.

A good year of study to you, and come back smarter when time allows.

Mark

Paul Marossy

QuoteRather, I think you'll find it surprising how much it will feel like you never left even when you've been away for months.

I have some friends like that. I don't see them for 6 months or more, but when we do get together, we pick up right where we left off. Sometimes that bothers me a little bit about adulthood, but with a full time project manager postion at a large consulting engineerinf firm, a family, small children and all the other stuff, I don't have that much time to just hang out with people. Just the nature of your later years, I guess. (I'm 37)

Anyhow, best of luck you Michael.

jrc4558

vanhansen

Good luck and enjoy it.

Ahh yes, the college days.  What fun times they were.
Erik

Marcos - Munky

Good luck, and thanks for the layouts too.

StephenGiles

Good luck with trying to put electronics out of your mind!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Paul Marossy

QuoteGood luck with trying to put electronics out of your mind!

Yeah, right!

aron

Hal

I think i plan on bringing my breadboard to college...

I'll see :-D