Tube Works Real Tube switch replacement

Started by ezanker, September 22, 2004, 10:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezanker

Hi all,
A friend has the Tube Works pedal pictured below with the light weight plastic switch.  His switch is no longer working.

Have any of you replaced this switch before?  Do you know if it is DPDT, 3PDT, etc.?  Are there any switch wiring diagrams available for this pedal?

I would appreciate any comments or advice you might have on replacing/repairing the faulty switch.

Thanks,
Erik

Paul Marossy

Do you have it in your possesion? Just pop the hood and take a look at it. A quick continuity check on the switch (which should be a momentary type) will tell you if the switch is functional or not. If the switch checks out OK, then the problem is elsewhere. I am assuming by the look of the switch that it employs a flip-flop circuit to acheive bypass/on status.

ezanker

Thanks Paul!

I don't have it yet.  I was just wondering if anyone else has already been though this?

Erik

ezanker

For anyone who is interested or might need the info:

The switch is a momentary SPST.  The replacement part can be ordered from "Genz Benz / Tube Works" by calling 1-800-959-1809.  Of course any other momentary switch that can be made to fit can also be used.

Erik

Paul Marossy