Ordering From Small Bear

Started by littlegreiger, September 22, 2004, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlegreiger

Could someone please explain how to order parts from Small Bear because I don't really understand how to do it and would like to order from him.

Kleber AG

Hi
Small Bear for me is GREAT!
I usually chose what I want and how many, then I place a list with all and ask Steve what would be the whole price(shiping/costs).

After he reply me with the whole price I use the Paypal to send the money to him and then I just have to wait in my home...

BTW: Steve has always helped me with many things electronic related, and I want to say THANKS Steve!!!

Regards
Kleber AG

littlegreiger

I usually create a spreadsheet of all the things i need for a pedal, so could I just send him that and ask him for a price?

Kleber AG

I don't know. But is very busy doing his best to acomplish all orders.
I would look at his "Stock" list and find all itens needed then make a list and email him...
This way you can always find something else you would like to have or you even need and insert in your order.

Kleber AG

cd

littlegreiger

Yes I did read the Ordering page but it didn't make any sense but now I think I understand.  Thanks for everyones help

jimbob

I had the same problem at one time and made such a mess of it he e-mailed back and said id have to do it the right way to get it done. As i look back it was pretty bad. Poor steve had more things to do than deal with a half-assed list of parts. What i do now is the right way. It certainly speeds up the shipping/ordering time.

Steve- if you read this--sorry again, man. I finally got'r right now. :D
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

littlegreiger

On the ordering page whenever I click on view order nothing happens.

cd

Have you added anything to your order?  You have to select the proper quantity in the drop down box.  Other than that make sure you're using a recent Javascript capable browser with all tracking elements ON.

littlegreiger

I don't see any drop down box.

petemoore

I built a test board with enough trimpots/sockets for biasing then testing different Ge transistors.
 I haven't seen any OC44's or the like that caught my interest for a second, If I had them [I suppose there's a box of them in the world somewhere] I'd build with the good ones, then hype the 'seconds' and offer them on Ebay...that's how much I trust myself...much less someone else offering "magic transistors'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

audioguy

Quote from: littlegreigerI don't see any drop down box.

Sounds like you have a browser issue. What web browser are you using?

cd

littlegreiger

I'm using that link and i'm using Internet Explorer 6 SP2.

cd

I don't know what to tell you.  I've tried it with IE6, Mozilla, Safari, Opera, and they all work fine.  If possible, reset your security settings to medium (Tools > Internet Options > Security tab, then click on the Custom Level button and reset it to medium.)

littlegreiger

I tried reseting the security settings and that didn't help.

cd

Download Mozilla (www.mozilla.org) and use that, it works perfectly and you won't be a slave to Microsoft's security foibles :)

littlegreiger

I was just going to download Firefox and use it for ordering parts.

Kleber AG

I use the IE also, and I have the same problem, I can't use the http://www.smallbearelec.com/Ordering/Calculator.htm
I tried lowering IE security options to "low security" and doesn't worked...

Now I just downloaded the Mozilla and tryed again and guess what? It does NOT works yet  :x

I have never being able to use that feature and always wondered if anyone else...  :?:  :?

Kleber AG

smallbearelec

If nothing else works, drop me an e-mailed list and we will handle it. PLEASE MAKE THE SHOPPING CART WORK FOR YOU IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. I know there are still some scattered browser issues; javascript was what I could afford at the time. PROMISE: I am talking with my programmer now, and I will upgrade to a full-blown on-line ordering system next year. Thanks for waiting on us! Your orders have made the change both possible and necessary!

SD