Boss CE-2 cutting in out out with effect

Started by seekup1982, September 23, 2004, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekup1982

Hey guys, I've modded a Boss CE-2 to have a switch to double the rate.  But now, after it working for about 4 months, it started to become intermitent when I turned it on.  It would have the effect, then cut it out to a dry signal again.  Now it just has a dry signal whether the LED is on or not (and yes, the LED does still work).  Is this a bad switch?  I've never dealt with Boss's bad switches, so I don't know if it is or not.  Could it be my mod?  I remember if the rate knob is at 0, then there was still a difference between the dry and effected signal.  Please, those of you who have way more experience than I, let me know what you think.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Ben

Mark Hammer

Depends how you wired the switch.  For instance, if you wired the switch to select between two capacitors by taking one out of circuit and inserting the other one in circuit, then there is the risk of a switch glitch resulting in there being NO cap in there.  With no cap in there, the LFO produces no "O", and the clock doesn't sweep, and maybe doesn't even clock at a usable fixed frequency.  If the clock doesn't behave the way it should, and the BBD just does what it's told, you should hear no delay signal.

Sound close to what might have happened?