H11F1 opto for compressor?

Started by Aharon, September 23, 2004, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aharon

HAs  naybody looked into these for comps or other possible use?.
Thanks
Aharon
Aharon

David

Quote from: AharonHAs  naybody looked into these for comps or other possible use?.
Thanks
Aharon

Seems to me "anonymousexperimentalist" was trying something with those awhile back.  Maybe ask him...

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: David
Quote from: AharonHAs  naybody looked into these for comps or other possible use?.
Thanks
Aharon

Seems to me "anonymousexperimentalist" was trying something with those awhile back.  Maybe ask him...

I'm amazed that you remember... I've used them for tremolo with limited sucess as well as variable resistances with limited success... At one point I was trying to develop a way to use the universal 10k pot in Expression pedals to control the LED to make a MUCH wider resistance range, but it never quite worked...

I haven't tried it as a compressor, but I'm sure if you got a nice ADSR generator to use with your guitar, fed it into the LED input, and properly utilized the FET's varying resistance (a process I have not yet mastered) you could whip something up.  Let me know if you do, I love these things.

-Colin

David

My memory's funny that way, Colin...  I'm sure that in my declining years, I won't have any idea what I had for breakfast, but I'll be able to recall from memory the amps, guitars and pedals that Jimi, Stevie Ray, Robin and a host of others used.

Anyway, Aharon, why the interest in that specific opto?  Did you come into a big cache of them cheap, or does it have some characteristics that make it an especially good candidate?

Aharon

No,nothing special.I'm researching optocompressors and I'm frustrated by the  fact that I cant get VTLs ot NSL-32 in my neighborhood shops however they have H11F1s for $1 ea so I thought that I'd ask.
There's got o be something these things are good for!!!(LOL)
Aharon
Aharon

puretube

I wished I could get`em at all, here!

Anybody know about their tolerance-spread?

Aharon

Here's the datasheet ,for sure you can read it better than I.
Aharon
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/H1/H11F1.pdf
Aharon

jrc4558

Dear Aharon, would you be so kind to tell me which store do you buy these opto's at? Neither Supremetronics, nor Active surplus seems to have them here in Toronto... :(

Thank you very much.