SOT: simpleish micpreamp

Started by mat, September 23, 2004, 06:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

I'm very close to buy a micpreamp for recording my amp into the PC.

But i would first like to know if anyone knows a simple chematic for a circuit that would boost the mic and spit out line level stuff. It doesnt have to have tone adjustment, just one volume knob. And if possible, two channels to be able to record two microphones simultaneously.

Would it be possible to use it also to go thru pedals and then in to the preamp and to PC ?

I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw3_art_tube_mp_studio_prodinfo.html

or like this:

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw3_midiman_dmp_3_prodinfo.html

cheers,
mat

Aharon

AMZ has one  but for the money you can't beat the ART Mic Pre.
Aharon
Aharon

Hal

i would say make a simple op-amp preamp...use a 100k pot at the output to set volume, and fix gain at something like 4...maybe a little more.  

if you're running after effects you probably don't even need that

mat

Hi!

Thanks for the super fast answer  :D

Do You have the ART micpreamp ? Is it good quality ?

Thanks,
mat

Quote from: AharonAMZ has one  but for the money you can't beat the ART Mic Pre.
Aharon

mat

Hi!

And thanks also for the super fast answer  :D

That is exactly what i meant. But the problem is i dont know how to do it  :evil:

I have few TL072 IC's.

The input would go to pin... ?
The output would go from pin... ?
The ground would be connected to the pin... ?
The volumepot would be the last component and would bleed to ground.. ?
Any resistors, caps in where..?
And making two of these in one box to use with two mics  :P
The fixing gain at 4 is too something that i do not understand.. :roll:

Could someone complite the lines and maybe components i'm missing here  :oops:

I have to apologise but this is just how novice i'm today with these things  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

mat

Quote from: Hali would say make a simple op-amp preamp...use a 100k pot at the output to set volume, and fix gain at something like 4...maybe a little more.  

if you're running after effects you probably don't even need that

petemoore

MXR Micro Amp...Great Build for guitar, For use of a Dual OA, tho you'd only use one half of it. Pretty clean...I use a 5534... cleaner than a TL I think. Great Opamp booster.
 If you have a mosfet like 2n7000 and a protection diode, the Mosfet Boost is a Very Clean Booster with alot of gain.
 What the application is, is improtant though, often it's not the lack of input signal that makes a mic behave a 'ertain' way...feedback for instance.. you may not notice any gains in volume before feedback...depending...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

mat

Would the MXR Micro Amps output feed the PC's line in properly when having a Shure SM57 in the input of the MXR ?

mat

Quote from: petemooreMXR Micro Amp...Great Build for guitar, For use of a Dual OA, tho you'd only use one half of it. Pretty clean...I use a 5534... cleaner than a TL I think. Great Opamp booster.
 If you have a mosfet like 2n7000 and a protection diode, the Mosfet Boost is a Very Clean Booster with alot of gain.
 What the application is, is improtant though, often it's not the lack of input signal that makes a mic behave a 'ertain' way...feedback for instance.. you may not notice any gains in volume before feedback...depending...

RDV

Hal

should be good....works well with my guitar...

http://www.crazychucks.com/guitar/PREAMPS.GIF

I made the op-amp one, with the gain of 2, in my guitar, with a 741.  Sounds good.  Its fairly transparent, even with a terrible IC.  :-D

Quote from: matWould the MXR Micro Amps output feed the PC's line in properly when having a Shure SM57 in the input of the MXR ?

mat

Quote from: petemooreMXR Micro Amp...Great Build for guitar, For use of a Dual OA, tho you'd only use one half of it. Pretty clean...I use a 5534... cleaner than a TL I think. Great Opamp booster.

lovekraft0

If you're looking for something studio quality, take a look at this:
DIY JFET Mic Pre

Board layouts are available at The Lab (search for hamptone)

mat

Hi lovekraft0  :D

This Hamptone looks very cool ! I read quite a bit of it from 'The Lab' (cool forum). I'm definitely going to build this one, maybe several of them for different purposes. Thanks a lot for this option !!

RDV!

Thank You for the schematic. Should i leave on one 1uF cap between the IC's when i remove the tone stage ?

Hal!

I think I'll build first the same as You did. Because it is simpliest of the suggestions - i'll propably manage to finish that one  :roll:

And thanks also to petemoore, what a forum, what a people  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

cheers,
mat

Aharon

Quote from: matHi!

Thanks for the super fast answer  :D

Do You have the ART micpreamp ? Is it good quality ?

Thanks,
mat

Quote from: AharonAMZ has one  but for the money you can't beat the ART Mic Pre.
Aharon

Yes I have one and it's good quality and priced right.
Aharon
Aharon