after months in the making I give you - my halo replica!!!

Started by arielfx, September 23, 2004, 10:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielfx

http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=ARIELFXHALO.jpg

Sorry for the very bad quality photo (that's what I can make with my cell phone's camera). It took me some time and some experimenting with different wire gauges until one day I got it - This baby is 32K and 496mH.

How does it sound?
I made a few Clyde replicas for clients using other replicas and I am happy to say that this sounds just as good if not better and I am potting the coil with polyester so I know it will last (even though beeswax smells much better LOL).

Peter Snowberg

Very cool! 8)

Congratulations. :D

Are you saying that the DC resistance is 32K?
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

arielfx

petemoore

Why did the Mountain man climb the mountain?
 Cool !!! looks like you made it!!! Awesome, I heard it couldn't be done easily...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Why did the Mountain man climb the mountain?
 Cool !!! looks like you made it!!! Awesome, I heard it couldn't be done easily...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

arielfx

well... i had to spit some blood until i got the materials (cores are no longer made!). wire experimenting was the biggest problem because i had to get small amounts of pretty thin wire (although not as thin as pickup wire (i got tons of that 42awg around for when i want to do some pickups). i was lucky that i am living just 40 minutes away from a copper wire factory (YAY!) and they let me take small amounts of different wires so I could experiment with.

jimbob

very impressive--you should make a "how i did it" w pics ect... i know im curious.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Paul Marossy

Yeah, a picture essay would be great for the hardcore DIYers.  8)
Very nice work, BTW.

swt

are you going to share a how to or some other info??. I've been experimenting with wah inductors, and really like to know your results. Thanks a lot!!

arielfx

i'll do a post in blog about how to do it :)
i will post the link as soon as it's done.

swt

wowww :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :twisted: thanks a lot buddy!!

littlegreiger

arielfx

hey,

i'm flying away tomorrow morning and i will be back on the 25th. i had no time to write the "how to" but i will once i am back.

swt