Green Ringer Info

Started by petemoore, September 24, 2004, 01:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I've been trying again...
 Checking all the resistances and choosing very close values for the 10k 68k and 22k pairs.
 I'm getting 'some sound, looks like I'm losing alot of it between Q2's Collector to Base...
 NTE 103 [124hfe], some NTE 158's [bout 150-180hfe], also some garden Si's were tried for Q2...must be a mistake in wiring, but all the resistances are congruent with proper hookup.
 Here's the Voltages I took...
 Q1
 C 11,40
 B 3.17
 E 1.34
 Q2 [emitter toward V+]
 C 12.47
 B3.17
E1.34
 Q3
 C  15.69
 B 11.25
 E  10.20
 HArd to say what's up with that Q3 emitter follower, I'm assuming Q1,Q2 are regular Si's NPN I tried some 3904's BC109's, other switchers in there...Q3's socket pins show E 10k to ground B to the diodes, and C to V+ [?]...voltages still look funny...but it is a GR...third :oops:
 Q1 NPN, Q2 PNP, Q3 NPN, V+ on top rail Negative ground.
 47k - 100k at output to ground makes no difference in sound.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

gazza

hi,

I'm just in the middle of building one of those,  I'm doing the -ve earth version like you with 2 npns and 1 pnp.   I haven't finished it because i've still got a couple of caps to get hold of that i've run out of.

if you're using a 9v battery, why the hell are you measuring 11 and 12 volts ?

I'm hoping that it will be straight forward to build as there should be no tricky biasing needed.   it seems to be just an amp -> phase splittter & recifier -> amp.  

Gareth.

petemoore

In the notes, matching the two 10k's [the ones on top and bottom of the phase splitter Q], the two 68k's and 22k's by the diodes is recommended.
 Also it would seem using two matched threshold diodes would be in order.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.