square wave to triangle wave shaper

Started by jmusser, September 25, 2004, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

I was looking through some of the older posts, and saw the http://www.rlocman.com.ru/en/out.htm?cq=12&fs=0  it had a couple different circuits on there by Arthur Harrison, that were Square Wave and Triangle Wave converters or generators. It looks like the convertor could be used as a guitar effect. I'm not a design guy, so I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had looked into this circuit. I'm sure would want to make it an either or circuit, so you could use the square wave or the sawtooth. The other circuit may be looks like it's a self contained oscillator, but it might be something that you could input a guitar signal into to trigger that oscillation. Like I said, I'm not a technical guy, so I may be asking you to hook a guitar up to an adding machine! I just know, that Tim Escobedo did something with these wave forms in his Simple Square Wave Shaper. I guess it'll either give you something to think about or ignore. I also know that I like the Square Wave fuzz tone.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".