Micro Synth question- Puretube? anyone?

Started by jimbob, September 25, 2004, 11:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Puretube- is this one of yours? I cant seem to get it going right. There is some volume from it but really no effect. HAve you any ideas or common problems youve heard about these things. I have yet to chk the soldering and connections, switches--though there is only 1 for power. Ideas?
anyone?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob

I checked a lot of the solder joints--which seem to be a common EH problem--but no go..same problem.. I do get some sound--but very little--when I move the guitar slider to zero=0. It cuts out w no sound when moved to 10 (the top)  The 2nd to the last slider (stop) make a little swoosh when moved from top to bottom. Also there seems to be no bypass when the effect is off..theres just no sound at all..

bla bla bla..anything anyone?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

mikeb

No bypass means that even the first opamp (buffer) stage isn't working or isn't engaged. Check power to the IC(s), trace with audio probe....

Mike

jimbob

So far-- i chked all solder joints--i found a bad power slide switch and fixed it-- no diff though--chked all ic in sockets and pushed them down making sure there secure--all good--chked input and output connections= all good..I was wondering though--theres a 3pdt switch but only 3 lugs are being used..could it be a bad foot switch?

i think ill save the audio probe for last..Im not sure where to start since theres 2 boards in there one on top of the other...but--ill get'r done eventually..this will work! I hope..It sells for 278.00 new..i bought in new condition but non working for 9.99 --be awsome if i got her working..whats interesting is that my del memory man had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a loose output wire and a bad slide switch..works great now though..

puretube

not "mine" - like been said: check everything mechanical: wires etc.;
then: power supply: measure voltage on supply pins...
found the schem on the web?

good luck...

ps: I offer $ 12.50...

jimbob

If there isnt a by pass signal going through--can that mean theres a bad  stomp switch or the input orout put is bad? MAny of the EH stuff i get is new but broken and it ussually always tirns out to be something as simple as a loose/broken wire or output jack ect.. simple silly things like that. The last repair i made was on a Visual Sounds Heckyl Jeckyl distortion and after audio probing it and a little thought--it turned out to be a bad output jack..I was beginning to think it might be one of the many tl072's or the jrc4558. NOpe ..just that simple..

any ideas ?