News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

V/R

Started by petemoore, September 27, 2004, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I just get tired of twisting pots...and need a third hand...so another quest begins...
 What about...a widget that increases or decreases in resistance as you press harder on it...kind of like a peizo pickup for guitar or...well you get the idea...I'm always searching [to no avail] for the 'other thing' that can replace say a 100k or larger pot.
 Soemthing that could go up and down in resistance automatically...yes, I suppose I should just get the LDRs with the R range I want...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

R.G.

How about a foot rocker pedal??
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

puretube

FSR = force sensing resistor...  (under the black pad).

strungout

R.G.: lol

Ah! I was just thinking of suggesting to scavenge a Playstation controller or something like that. The newer ones have pressure sensitivity.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

toneman

hire a roadie(?)
must B able 2 push buttons and
flip switchs with the blink of an eye.
your eye....
:)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

dr

....do like I did-save the conductive foam from your IC purchases-stack them with a copper washer on top and bottom (with wires soldered to them of course!)works like a "force sensing resistor"....or poor man's pot......you can stack quite a bit of it between there!......I did this to a pedal I built and can control four of five parameters......the more it is compressed, the lower the resistance goes......