HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wah

Started by nero1985, September 28, 2004, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

hey guy!, i need a little favor, im about to put a FETZER VALVE on my wah pedal for a boost and i was wondering if any of u know how the SPDT switch on the wah works,, it has a green cable that comes straight from the input a blue cable that goes to the pot and the circuit at the same time and a violet one that goes to the output, i suppose the the switch selects either the input dry or wet and then send it to the out am i right or wrong?? if im right i can put my fetzer valve on the output with the blue cable right??

petemoore

A DPDT [or better] is a good thing to have on a wah to prevent tone sucking.
 DMM beep your way from the output jack wire, through the switch [plug in the wah and leave it 'on' before tracking with DMM] to the wire between wah circuit output and the switch, splice the Fetzer signal path in there...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

How old is your wah? It sounds like an older one from your description of the wires. If it is an old one, you might want to consider adding a true bypass switch. The way the old CryBabys were wired, the effect in is always connected to the input jack via a SPDT switch, and some say that "sucks your tone". I true bypassed my 70s CryBaby, and I think it helped some with that.

Anyhow, the green wire connects to the input jack, the violet goes to the output jack. That other blue wire is the output of the wah circuit. You could put your Fetzer valve right on the output as you suggest. Your wah may or may not like it, though...