ROG "Big Daddy" question # 2

Started by tungngruv, September 28, 2004, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

Can anyone give me some advice on what I could build that could be ran with a ROG Big Daddy? I play a Strat w/ single coils (Burns Trisonics) through a couple of 18 watt tube amps. My original sound is clean and I'd like to be able to use the Big Daddy for crunchier rythym parts and then be able to kick in another effect to add a "smooth, singing distorted sound " for solo's. Just wanting some advice due to the fact that some pedals really seem to compliment others while some don't fit together at all. Thanks for any advice!

Marcos - Munky

What about to use a DPDT switch as rhythm/lead switch? You can use one half of the swicth do do cap changes and get a fat tone in the Lead position, and the other half of the switch to put a little gain limiter resistor in the rhythm position, and take it off in lead position. Or maybe a output booster.

tungngruv

That sounds like a good idea to try. Do you know of any place that has more info about doing this kind of switching?

Marcos - Munky

No, but here enter your breadboard. First you need to find a good cap value to use with the rhythm position and a cap for the lead position. I believe that the output cap is the one to be changed. After this you need to use the rhythm cap and measure a maximum gain to the rhythm section. Another thing that sounds cool is to use pin 2 and pin 3 as the inputs. You can do a dual channel overdrive, using a extra gain pot and a 3PDT (if you want a LED to indicate channel status) or a DPDT switch. If you want, I can draw the dual channel option for you.

tungngruv

Yes, PLEASE draw it up for me ( if you don't mind). I have an extra DPDT switch also. THANKS!!!!  BTW, I dig your website, very cool :D  :D

Marcos - Munky

OK. Send a e-mail to me, I will send the file to you.