sonic distortion

Started by good mourning, September 30, 2004, 12:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good mourning

hi everybody, i built a sonic distortion and it doesn't work.
after analysis... the components are all right... but three pins are not wired to anything! i followed the circuit image in this site and it is written: the other half used to buffer non-distorted stage to output...
i'm not good in electronics...i don't know anything in electronics... but to what i should connect these three pins of the IC?
can anybody help me?
good mourning

RDV

Pins 1 & 2 should be hooked to each other. Pin 3 should be hooked to Pin 4 or ground.

RDV

good mourning

Quote from: RDVPins 1 & 2 should be hooked to each other. Pin 3 should be hooked to Pin 4 or ground.

RDV

thanks, i'll try it
good mourning

strungout

Yeah, but those pins not being connected shouldn't keep the circuit from working. It's gotta make a living! Seriously tho, I would build an audio probe if you haven't already (just use the forum's search tool to find it). You can "follow" the signal through the circuit and see where it's held up, and check the connections around there to see what can be wrong.

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

RDV

Here's something cool to do with the other 3 pins instead of what I said before, this makes the pedal a lot ballsier IMO.
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/rdv_sd9_sc.gif

RDV

petemoore

I built a S.D....heavy saturation is really great for single notes and leads, a bit on the 'mushy' side for rythm/chord use.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

good mourning

Quote from: RDVHere's something cool to do with the other 3 pins instead of what I said before, this makes the pedal a lot ballsier IMO.
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/rdv_sd9_sc.gif

RDV

what's the difference in the sound?
good mourning

RDV

Quote from: good mourningwhat's the difference in the sound?
Louder. I couldn't use the stock circuit with all my other pedals, it just wasn't loud enough. So I decided to make the other side of the OA a volume recovery stage. No problem with unity gain now!

RDV