a little OT (maybe not), but it's about the Tube Screamer

Started by Marcos - Munky, October 01, 2004, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

Anybody have a pic of the board (parts side) of the Tube Screamer? I bought a cheap overdrive today, and I believe that it's a modded Tube Screamer. It have two CA1458E ICs.

Dai H.

IIRC, there was an early version TS that used two 1458s, so maybe that is what it is. I thought I had a pic of one in my HD but couldn't find it...

Marcos - Munky

Thanks, guys. If anybody have a pic of the board of this early TS with two 1458, please send me. I like to try some mods to it, but I want to know what I have in my hands first.

fatoldsun

the only ts with 2 chips is the super tubescreamer from europe. and they were mostly 4558dd's. i'll try to get somebody with a cam to get a pic of mine.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: fatoldsunthe only ts with 2 chips is the super tubescreamer from europe. and they were mostly 4558dd's. i'll try to get somebody with a cam to get a pic of mine.

No, the early TS-808s have two ICs, two 1458. There's a info about this in Analogman's site and in Google. Search for "tube screamer" 1458.

Dai H.

hey I found the pics (thanks to this free program called Picasa which helps you organize pics on your hard drive) . PM me your email, and I'll send them over. 6 pics, two are of the PCB.

fatoldsun

the 808 with 2 ic's is the narrow european version.