SILVER RHYTHM! a new simple but worth circuit

Started by nero1985, October 01, 2004, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
   I am referring to the circuit with the second stage of the JCM 9000 [the latest schematic].
Brian.

nero1985

ohhhhhhhhhhh the BOOST VERSION! :P ,,,,, i think u should try using the J201 on it cuz thats what i used and it rocks!, i honestly dont get any kind of hiss or noise at all, maybe its thanks to the onboard preamp i have on my guitar wich has given me a noisless sound as weird as that sound!,  the .68 is supposed to give u more bass and maybe more sustain but i didnt know it could give u a hiss at all.......... my circuit is just laying around cuz i dont wanna put it in the box until i find a way to reduce the bass on it

Marcus Dahl

Well it's taken me a bit to get anything going on this, but I finally got something working this morning. I have to say it sounds real cool, but it has way more gain than the Silver Rhythm does. This maybe do to some of the changes I've had to do and the use of an op-amp instead of a transistor. I'm fine with fewer steps to get cool gain. I'll post a schematic as soon a I draw one up. It'll still be a work in progress, but you guys will get to fool around with this cool circuit too. I'll put it under London Drive 25 proto. when I get the schematic up.
Marcus Dahl

brian wenz

Hello Hello-
    Yeah, I was afraid of that!   I don't have any J201's around, so  it's going to have to wait.  If anybody comes up with any tips on getting rid of the racket, let me know!
Brian.

b_rogers

didnt i read somewhere that P channel fets were more quiet than N? perhaps try one of those.

on the Obsidian or Blackfire schemo maybe?
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

Phorhas

Yeap that's what Joe wrote on the Obsidian schematic
Electron Pusher

brian wenz

Hello Hello Everybody--
      hhhmmmm...that's good to know...thanks!
 I'll have to get some of those along with the J201's.
All I've got right now are 2N5457 and 2N5458 which are VERY quiet in the AMZ Mini Booster......but, then again, that's a completely different circuit!
Brian.

nero1985

well/ im starting to get some hiss with the boost version of the silver rhythm so i think its better if u just keep the other version

brian wenz

Hello Hello Nero--
     I put a BS170 in the "boost" section [2nd position] and it seems to work o.k.  [Different sound but useable.]
Brian.

RDV

What I want to know is have you built that huge sucker that's the full simulation?

RDV

brian wenz

hello HELLo--
    Do you mean something other then the 2 jfet boost version??
Brian.

RDV

Quote from: brian wenzhello HELLo--
Brian.
Yeah, click on his link, the 1st jpeg looks to be a version of the entire Silver Jubillee.

RDV

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
   Oh yeah........I didn't go to that link before.  Hhhhmmmm...I think I'll let somebody else build that one!
Brian.

Marcus Dahl

Quote from: RDV
Quote from: brian wenzhello HELLo--
Brian.
Yeah, click on his link, the 1st jpeg looks to be a version of the entire Silver Jubillee.

RDV

I think he is doing a little bit at a time.
Marcus Dahl

nero1985

hey guys, actually im still trying to figure out the use of DIODES on the project cuz at ROG they told me those parts wouldnt work that good with FETs, and plus as u can see the whole thing has 6 FETs and they told me that after using more than 5 FET the sound kinda drops, and plus the SEND & RETURN is really not need (i just wanted it so that i could use a noise gate there) but i drew the whole thing all over again to make it match the specs i got from ROG.... ill post them ASAP

WGTP

Joe Davidson was talking about p channel Mosfets BS250's being quieter than BS170/2N7000's, I'm not sure if Jfets are the same.  

Might try trading out different ones, some are quieter than others of the same part number.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames