Fun with Small Bear decals

Started by MartyB, October 05, 2004, 08:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyB

jimbob

Which king of decals were those? Ink jet?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

MartyB

Yep.  Printed on Steve Daniel's waterslide decal stock off my epson inkjet printer, coated twice with clearcoat,  and recoated with clearcoat twice after transfer.  This stuff is sweet.  The only drawback is you can't do white unless your background is white.

STOMPmole

Those look great!  I'm going to try out the Smallbear decals this week for the first time...you've been an inspiration!  What did you use for clearcoat?

MartyB

It's a clear spray enamel from Wal-Mart (if you're in the US) - the brandname is Colorplace.  Less than 2 bucks a can, IIRC.  8)

Dave Z

That is NICE! I'm gonna have to do that on my next project...was going to order some last time but put me .5 ounce over the 1-lb limit, so I dopped it from the order....

STOMPmole

Wallmart here I come....thanks for the info!

Marcos - Munky

cormac

those look very professional -- i love the union jack -- that looks awesome -- thanks for the info on how to do it -- this is one part of my first diy stomper (also from small bear) that i really am looking forward too -- (i'm gonna rename mine stomper tho ;) )

was there a certain primer and paint you used?

thanks for the great info :)
take care,
cormac

"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me"
--the stones

MartyB

Cormac, I used a cheap white enamel spray for the rangemaster - about four coats.  The fuzz is built into extruded rectangular aircraft aluminum and painted with several coats of fluorescent orange spray enamel before clearcoating as above.

MartyB

Torchy

MartyB

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: Awesome Torchy!!!

Torchy

Actually a few people have asked for the artwork and I have shared it out. Its sized for a BB box. I have the background picture of the boys only and a finished article with the lettering. Please note the graphic is high resolution - the photo is really grainy (Im better with a guitar than a camera, honest  :oops: )

If you want a copy pm me with a mail address  :wink: