hot potz rant

Started by jimmy, October 06, 2004, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy

hi all

i need to replace the pot in my jimi hendrix wah-fuzz pedal, so i ring the local audio repair place and it turns out for a dunlop hot potz, its going to cost me SEVENTY BUCKS.

$70.00 AUD for a pot. anyone know where i can get them in australia for cheaper?

thanks
Jim
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

niftydog

for a post with the word "rant" in the subject, that's the most tame "rant" I've ever read!  :D

Smallbear!

ebay...
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

David

Quote from: jimmy$70.00 AUD for a pot. anyone know where i can get them in australia for cheaper?

Jimmy:

Will this help?

http://www.bgmicro.com/prodinfo.asp?sid=06991898148148156848176187&prodid=RES1388&page=1&cri=hot+potz&stype=3&time_out=19:57

Mark Hammer

"My mama told me....you better shop around"
                                                  - Smokey Robinson

puretube

hey, thanx David!!!
I knew I had seen that link a couple of days ago, but couldn`t find it back
8)

aaronkessman

i've been using a regular pot with the original toothed sleeve. I just needed to file down the part of the pot near the shaft so that it fits right into the space in the wah enclosure.

jimmy

haha yeah its a pretty tame rant, im usually a pretty calm guy. just imagine it being said loud with a disgusted look on my face.

THANKS ALOT for that link. thats exactly what i needed.

cheers
Jim
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Sic

bought one from bgmicro, works AWESOME!

ESPm2M

How do I wire up the Hot Potz II? The three pins are labeled SL, CW, and CCW.  I asume the latter are "clockwise" and "counter clockwise", but what does SL mean and how exactly do I wire this into a vox wah?

thanks

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

ESPm2M

george

Quote from: jimmy
$70.00 AUD for a pot

let me finish your rant for you (if that's OK Jim ..):

one of the more extreme examples of the generally RIP OFF prices for music gear in this country .... when you look at equivalent prices from music stores in the US you begin to realise how ANTI-COMPETITIVE things must be in the music retail industry.

One of these days musos in oz are going to realise that cheaper prices are only a mouse-click away

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: georgeOne of these days musos in oz are going to realise that cheaper prices are only a mouse-click away

I think quite a few have, judging by the number who contact me wanting a 9V AC supply for their ****6 or whatever  :lol:
(needless to say, an 'official' replacement 230V wart for a ### or a ****6  here costs almost as much as the unit itself in USA :x

yano

I think no matter where you are, the music industry tries to screw you...the local shop here charges over $5 us for a "premium guitar volume pot" which is simply a fancily packaged alpha pot you can get for a buck or so from mouser.