This should be easy... How is this SPST?

Started by ExpAnonColin, October 07, 2004, 08:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=700325&item=PB-217&type=store

If you look at the big picture, it looks like it has 5 pins.  2 for mounting, on either side (the big ones), 2 smaller ones on one side, and one on the other.  Now, if I was just looking at the switch with no title, I'd think it was SPDT (the single pin being the pull).  Anyone care to enlighten me?

-Colin

The Tone God

I think thats not a picture of the actual part but just a stock picture from the same product line to give an idea of the form factor.

Andrew

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: The Tone GodI think thats not a picture of the actual part but just a stock picture from the same product line to give an idea of the form factor.

Andrew

That would make sense.

-Colin

Dan N

I just popped one out of a vcr. One side (2 pins) is one side of the switch, and the opposite side (the other 2 pins) is the other side of the switch. Press the button and all 4 pins are a circuit.

I don't know what the grounding is unless they want it as some kind of noise shield?

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Dan NI just popped one out of a vcr. One side (2 pins) is one side of the switch, and the opposite side (the other 2 pins) is the other side of the switch. Press the button and all 4 pins are a circuit.

I don't know what the grounding is unless they want it as some kind of noise shield?

I believe the larger pins are for better securing it to the PCB.

What about this one though-how come only 3 pins?

-Colin