News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

1H inductor

Started by p1_ind, October 07, 2004, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p1_ind

Does anyone know where to get a 1Henry inductor?
It is for the MRB circuit in a Vox Cambridge amp.

Adam

jrc4558

I can mail you one.
PM me with your mailing address.

WGTP

FYI for my buds, speaker suppliers like Madisound and Zalytron sell a variety of inductors that are used on crossovers.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

R.G.

Inductors in series add. You can use two Wah inductors (usually 0.5H) or several of the more readily available 150mH inductors from Mouser.  Oh, yeah, you could use two of the Radio Shack transformer primaries: see "the Technology of Wah Pedals" at GEO for the part number. They're about 0.6H I think.

The Cambridge inductor is a small halo (toroidal) inductor, so you'll have to figure out how to mount whatever setup you get.

The Cambridge is a favorite of mine. I still have one. Replace all the electrolytic caps!!
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

p1_ind

I am going to replace all the electrolitic caps, because I basically told my brother "Look this thing is almost 40 years old and you are not getting the amp back until its fixed correctly."
He finally agreed.
Thanks for all the help.

aron

I think my old Pignose amp used a 1.5H inductor. I guess I will try 3 RS transformers in series. It had a GREAT mid control!

aron

I just looked again, I might be able to get away with a single transformer!

Hmmm, see the "junction" of R27 and C9 - it looks like they don't connect right there right?  The Treble Cap is .002uF I am assuming. The Treble pot is 50K I assume.