rebote 2 delay

Started by Pierre, October 09, 2004, 07:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre

hi !
today i finished tonepad's "rebote2" delay. It worked right away, the only thing is that there is an audible noise "plop-plop-plop" with the volume pot at full. In the clean chanel of my amp it disappears turning down a little the level, but in the dirty the noise is a little more exagerated...all solders joints are ok and all parts are correct (as far as i know)...
For the rest, it work fine... :?

Travis

First of all, congrats.  It's a nice-sounding pedal.

Are you sure that the origin of the noise is within the circuit?  The Rebote-2 is generally very quiet.

Have you scoped it or used an audio probe to find the origin of the noise?
Does the Rebote plop when the guitar volume is low (or when the guitar is unplugged)?
Have you tried different power supplies, locations in your house, etc?

Pierre

thanks for replying !!!
...I dont know how to scoped it, i dont have an audio probe...im just a begginer, i guess im good following instructions...  :wink:

The noise is more audible turning down the volume of the guitar, but only with the level of the effect at full...Again, is more exagerated with distortion. The effect is not yet boxed, may be that is (in part) the cause of the noise...Im powering it with a fresh Duracel.
The delay still very usefull, it sound good when used in more subtle settings...may be im a little to exigent with myself; this is my 3° effect and all o the worked right away...

sir_modulus

Well, if effects are outa their boxes they tend to do odd things like that. They just pick up different signals from all around. Try putting it in a box, or cover it with somethin covered with metal foil.

markr04

Quote from: PierreIm powering it with a fresh Duracel.

Just FYI: That effect doesn't work well with batteries - so I've heard. Give it a try with a wallwart power supply.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

Pierre

... wallwart power supply will be my 4° project...

Pierre

ok...checking the schem i found that there's a .082 uf cap that goes from  the input to a 510k resistor...but in the layout is marked .05 uf...could it be the cause of the noise?... :?: