TALKING PEDAL

Started by nero1985, October 10, 2004, 11:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

does any body have schematics for the EH TALKING PEDAL??????

sir_modulus

no, and it'd be difficult to build as it uses custom tapered pots. I feel your frustration as I would really like one. For my purposes, I just went and got a wah shell, and put two LDR/LEDS on the lugs of the pot. One going up, and other going on a downwards sweep. I then just used two twin-T wah circuits (you could use inductor based, but I couldn't afford two inductors). That sounds weird like the talking pedal.

StephenGiles

Quotedoes any body have schematics for the EH TALKING PEDAL??????

Of course - see here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/StephenGiles/EHtalkingpedal.gif

You might get away with bending the law of one of the legs of a dual pot, because you are only going to use part of its travel.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Marcos - Munky

Hey Stephen, thanks a lot for the schematic!!!

sir_modulus

Stephan, I'm gonna kill you!!!!

jk

I have been searching for that schem for so long, so I thought i'd just label it as not there. Thanks for proving me wrong. BTW does the pedal use weirdo taper pots? Whats the Wah pot in the schem?

Thanks a bunch,

Nish

Tim Escobedo

I never thought anyone had it either. So I made my own, called the Gargletron.
http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html

I didn't bother with a weirdo taper dual pot, but rather a single 10k pot instead.

puretube

the "wah-pot" is the (only) one to be seen in the [edit: filter-part of the]schematic:

a ganged ("stereo") pot with one 7k section, plus one tapped 11k section.

:oops:  :cry:  :evil:

Tim Escobedo

Puretube, maybe you could shed some light on the 10k pot connecting the outputs of A1, A2? I'm not sure how that'd function.

puretube

ooooops, sorry: I was concentrating too much on the (on my PC) enlarged right hand filter-part of the circuit.... :oops:

the other pot is just the fuzz/normal blend (not controlled by footrocker);
(sometimes referred to as "sustain")

[the "upper" opamp got diodes in the feedback loop for "pre-eq"clipping]

on the actual E-H pedal, this is a knob on the side of the "wah-shell"...

Marcos - Munky

I can't listen to the soundclip...

jmusser

Now you've gone and made another circuit I have to build! Does the pot just change the voicing (tone) of the talk circuit, or does it need to be manipipulated while you're playing, like in a wha pedal? I have the Bronx Cheer and the Jawari projects bagged up and waiting in the wings to build, but it seems like thes 12 hour night shifts sort of cut into my free time for the really important stuff! I didn't know until I was looking around last night that you had a new octave up circuit Push Me/Pull You. You designers.......Is there anything you can't do?
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

nero1985

OK, we all know that TIM ESCOBEDO came out with that AMAZING LDR/LED system to control the wah in a remote way,,,, now... if u guys take a look at it this LDR/LED set up has a 100k after the LDR, right? now, for me that represents the resistance of the pot, now if we change that resistor for the value we need like in this case "7k or 11k", isnt that possible and at the same time us can just set up the pot so that u can wire both LDR to the pot..... now how does that pot work? is it one on one direction and the other one on the other direction????

this is what im mean