E bay link--example of silly mojo

Started by jimbob, October 10, 2004, 11:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

YouAre

Its like an infomercial. You get a buncha other stuff with it sorta justifying the price. You're gettin the chip, then some resistors and instructions, not that bad of a deal for someone totally new to modding.

niftydog

pity the fool who's tricked by this guy;

the RC4558P is the current version of this chip, still being made at TI Malaysia A/T assembly plant. Available for 13 cents ea. per 1000 units. So, if you wanted to buy in bulk, you could theoretically have an eBay marked up of 5000%!!!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

jimbob

Youare wrote
QuoteIts like an infomercial. You get a buncha other stuff with it sorta justifying the price. You're gettin the chip, then some resistors and instructions, not that bad of a deal for someone totally new to modding.

Thats what i thought at 1st then i realized that if your new to modding/ like many/ theres a good chance you dont know how to solder without messing up the board.

My 1st ever mod job was a phase 90.. This was before any DIY effects and looking back at the board- melted ect..it was messed up! I still have it. I tried replacing a bad ic..Bad bad things. I just think it gives the impression--"Heres the mod parts ya need, now pay this price and pop those little suckers in and your on your way." Little do they know all the little things involved in doing it correctly..This is from experience too.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

mikeb

.... yes. but then the person might turn up here wanting some help modding his pedal, and then the ridiculous price for the parts will seem insignificant compared to all the cool people and help and enoouragement available here - for free! :)

Mike

markr04

This is my favorite from the text of the auction:

"The sound is a little different but very noticeable."
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

lightningfingers

"These are extremely hard to find"

Erm...no? Not only can you buy them direct from Ti, if you set up an account Ti will actually GIVE you some. For FREE!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
U N D E F I N E D