Tone stack newbie question

Started by ildar, October 11, 2004, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildar

I d/l'd the Duncan tone stack prog and was wondering how this applies to stompboxes. Let's say I wanted to shove the Marshall tone stack into the Electra overdrive circuit-how can it be done (if it can be done)?

petemoore

Quote from: ildarI d/l'd the Duncan tone stack prog and was wondering how this applies to stompboxes. Let's say I wanted to shove the Marshall tone stack into the Electra overdrive circuit-how can it be done (if it can be done)?
I like 'em 'after. say after a Fuzz or OD etc.
 You may need gain recovery after the Tone controls get done filtering...
 Micro Amp or Booster should have plenty to bring it back up.
 I think RDV suggested/showed a gain recovery stage that's suitable for your/most applications.
 Connect all grounds in your circuit, this means all grounds and TC [tone control] grounds get connedcted.
 If in and out aren't labeled, I assume it's right to left, like everything else...
 If you have a volume control like on the Electra, you could move it to after the TC...connect TC input to where the Volume Control was connected to the signal path, and the output of TC would go into the volume pot... volume pots wiper is output, last luf of Volume  pot lug ground....volume control basically like it was but after the TC.
 hth...look at the way a big muff or other tone controls are 'spliced' in the circuit.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Here's the BMP style tone control & volume recovery stage from the HMP. You could put any tone stack in there you want.

RDV