Timmy's Brox Cheer review

Started by jmusser, October 12, 2004, 11:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

This is the first of many of Mr. Escobedo's circuits I will be building. This thing is a little more tricky to wire than it looks on this drawing, since you have so many connections going to the transistor base and collector. I was surprised when I fired it up this morning that it worked the first time out. I've never played anything remotely like this circuit. It is very tone knob sensitive, and just a slight change on treble and bass guitar knobs, as well as the volume, gives it a whole different tone and timbre. This is by far, the most noise free pedal I've built. There is nothing in the background ever during the note being played, or as it decays, besides the effect its self. THe only thing I'll probably play around with is the cap value on S1, which I may turn into a rotary selection of different values. Someone can probably tell me if I can just put another pot in there somewhere to change an RC ratio instead to make an even higher tone. That little SPST switch and cap makes a whole different effect out of this circuit. I think the only component I couldn't duplicate exactly for the value, was .047 off of the transformer primary, which I used a .05 instead. You will all love this thing! What... you're not building it already?
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".