News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

HMP Picture

Started by RDV, October 13, 2004, 06:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayp5150

RDV,
   Is the Hammerite finish hard (dense?) enough to use small chisels to engrave the lettering Fred Flintstone style?  I think this would match the vibe of the paint and also the 'metal thing' (even though that's not appealing to everyone).  You could then clear coat it to keep it from chipping.

I built the boost project, and in a pinch, made masking tape labels with jagged edges and writing, and then cleared them.  It matched the vibe for that (called it the "dirty boost" 'cause I added a switchable assymetrical diodes with a softness control).  Looks okay.  Sorry I don't have pics.

Just crazy ideas, that's all.

RDV

Quote from: jayp5150RDV,
   Is the Hammerite finish hard (dense?) enough to use small chisels to engrave the lettering Fred Flintstone style?  I think this would match the vibe of the paint and also the 'metal thing' (even though that's not appealing to everyone).  You could then clear coat it to keep it from chipping.
The hammerite is kind of rubbery IMO, at least at 1st. You could do a Fred Flintstone type thing after 24 hours and you wouldn't even have to use a chisel. A sharp nail would do fine, then smother it in clear coat and you're good to go. WWWIIILLLMMMAAAA!!!!!!!

Just remember if you've got a scanner, you can set a pedal on there and scan it. Makes a great picture usually.

RDV

Paul Marossy

I think that one strip of text under the knobs might look best.

RDV

Quote from: Paul MarossyI think that one strip of text under the knobs might look best.
Yeah, I think so too. You know these labels stick really well also compared to the Tyco labels. You've got to superglue those down.

RDV

Paul Marossy

Yeah, those labels do stick very well, don't they? My wife put a label on my little girl's sippy cups with her name on it, and they have survived very many hand washing and dishwasher cycles...

Lonestarjohnny

Ricky's HMP is Killer, it'll go from a nice throaty boost to Ball's to the Wall's, I had mine in a junk box when I first built it, took a nite or 2 of messing with it for me to get familliar with the control's, I normally hate more than 2 control knobs, but i got this 1 down in a hurry, I got a new box for it and will be painting and lettering it soon,
Thank's Ricky, Great sounding pedal, it makes my lil Silvertone 1843 growl like a Big Dog,
Johnny