brian wenz

Hello Hello-
         Go to Google.
         Enter "Selmer Buzztone"
         Learn the rest!
Brian.

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
    Am I the only one who thinks this thing is backwards??
Might be fun to see what it sounds like........I can't make out some of the values, though.
Brian.

RDV

It's laid out the same way you fellows drive over there!

:wink:  :wink:

RDV

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
  Do those tranny  #'s look familiar toyou??
Brian.

RDV

Quote from: brian wenzHello Hello--
  Do those tranny  #'s look familiar toyou??
Brian.
http://www.btinternet.com/~pemberton.electronics/transistors/2n/2N2613.htmlFound this, I suppose the usual suspects would work in their place.

RDV

brian wenz

Hello Hello---
   AH HAAAA......that's what they are!   My image is pretty fuzzy so I'm having a problem making out what tha schematic says.
Thanks!
Brian.

tcobretti

What a bizarre schematic.  Anyone ever heard this thing?

phillip

I made a quick redraw of the schematic with what I believe are the correct values from the schematic...a couple of them were pretty blurry though.  The main one that I'm not sure about is the "8K2" resistor on the collector of Q1...couldn't tell if the first number of that value was an 8 or not...

Another circuit that's powered by 3V...a pair of AA batteries.

Hope this helps some ;)

Phillip

b_rogers

it looks to me like a 2.2k instead of 8.2k

Brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

phillip

Quote from: b_rogersit looks to me like a 2.2k instead of 8.2k

Brent

I think you're right...schematic corrected :)  Might have to hit ctrl + f5 to reload it.

Phillip

b_rogers

i would breadboard that real quick but i have a really cool modified big muff type circuit im working on there now...i dont wanna mess with anything until i can try it on a REAL amp instead of my little gem..

Brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

brian wenz

Hell Hello--
    Good one, Phillip!   So, who's going to build this thing first???
I thought I saw these trannys used somewhere else recently...??
Brian.

nightingale

i will have time to breadboard it on saturday~
i won't have the exact tranny's, but i will give it a go..

fuzz on,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

David

I'll bet that thing is buzzy!  Looks like the input impedance is about 54K. Will there be any bass left in the signal at all?  Wonder how that would do on "Incense and Peppermints"?

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
    Built it last night and tweaked it some more today.  I used 2SB175 in Q1 and Q3 and put a 2N3906 in Q2 to solidify the tone a bit more and also remove some noise.  After a little more adjustment of the bias this thing sounds real good. It has enough low end and mid-grind to suit me.  Real good germanium "three-tranny-sound" without being over the top in the gain department  [juicy, good crunch...].
I used two 1.5 v batteries but the total voltage was 4v [not 3v] so maybe that's what affected my biasing.
I may end up using a OC76 for Q3....not sure..........different tone but equally as good as the 2SB175.
Brian.

bobbletrox

Cool lookin' circuit!  :o

I wish I had some Germanium transistors now

bobbletrox

Hey Phillip, I think you missed the 27k resistor on the input.

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
    I tried a 2N3069 in Q3 just for the hell of it and it worked fine but didn't sound as good [to me].  
Yeah, the 27K res at input is missing from Phillips schematic.......that's o.k. 'cuz I didn't use it anyway!
Somebody else build this thing, it sounds pretty good!
Brian.

phillip

Whoops!  I corrected and cleaned up the schematic some...hit ctrl + f5 to reload it :)

EDIT:  The input capacitor was also backwards...that's also been corrected now.

Phillip