HMP Lite Picture(& revised review)

Started by RDV, October 15, 2004, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Put this one together yesterday. I had it in a smaller box(125C) that wasn't working out as it kept shorting out. I've about decided to stay with 1590BBs for everything but the smallest circuits.

RDV

lightningfingers

looks better than mine :lol:

great pedal, i'll have to build the "full" version one day.....
U N D E F I N E D

petemoore

Very Legible Lettering !
 I like the paint jobs texture, very fine looking !!!
 Did you shim the insides of the jack threads or do the threads stick out the perfect amount like that automatically when using a Hammond box...that IS a Hammond box?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Quote from: petemooreVery Legible Lettering !
 I like the paint jobs texture, very fine looking !!!
 Did you shim the insides of the jack threads or do the threads stick out the perfect amount like that automatically when using a Hammond box...that IS a Hammond box?
Thanks Pete.
That's just good old Hammer paint.
That's just the way it looks when you use a Hammond style box.
That's not a Hammond, but it's the Taiwanese copy, but it's just as good!

RDV

MartyMart

Yet another great RDV build !
yours or for a client ?

Marty :wink:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

RDV

Quote from: MartyMartYet another great RDV build !
yours or for a client ?
They're all mine till somebody decides they want one! I'm just catching up on some finishing. There's more coming.

RDV

Phorhas

Hey RDV, how do you apply the paint?
Electron Pusher

RDV

Quote from: PhorhasHey RDV, how do you apply the paint?
On this one, I just washed the box, dried it, and sprayed it about 3 coats. The hammer paint is not to picky about how you do it.

RDV

Phorhas

I got hammerite in paint can - can I use it with an airbursh?
Electron Pusher

RDV

You have an airbrush that attaches to paint cans?
Well as long as it's an airbrush and not a hairbrush.
Sorry about that, I'm tired.

RDV

RDV

On a more serious note, I've got a revision to some of my previous statements that the HMP doesn't work well with my Marshall.
Well it did tonight. It was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal playing night. I found a spot on the tone control where everything just comes together and screams bloody murder. I could literally feel my 412 vibrating my backside. I guess I was trying to make it work with the English Channel cause I like it so much, but the HMPs work best all by themselves with the volume & gain at about 1:00 if the channel gain is up pretty high on the Marshall. My bass player was whining cause I made this one pretty and then used it all night instead of letting him use it on Pinball Wizard. HAH!

RDV

Phorhas

:) hey RDV

QuoteYou have an airbrush that attaches to paint cans?

no, I ment to thin down the paint and use it with a simple Humrol airbrush.
What is agood thinner for Hammerite?
Electron Pusher

RDV

Quote from: Phorhas:) hey RDV, no, I ment to thin down the paint and use it with a simple Humrol airbrush. What is a good thinner for Hammerite?
Whew, you've lost me there, I'm no painter. I really should get into that end of things more. I've got to think though that hammerite wouldn't be the best candidate for airbrushing cause it's a textured paint, but I'm guessing here. IMO, hammerite would be good for a base coat, then apply regular paint over it for airbrushing designs and stuff, but like I said, I'm no expert in that field(not yet anyway :wink: )

RDV

Lonestarjohnny

Now we know what the " V " stand's for in RDV = RICKY DON
"VAN GOGH"  :mrgreen:
Johnny

Phorhas

Electron Pusher