I need info on this DeArmond volume pedal.

Started by Burstbucker, October 15, 2004, 03:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burstbucker

I just picked up this really nice DeArmond volume pedal for next to nothing at the local pawnshop today.

I was wondering if it's old or maybe a reissue.  It's a model 1602 with a blue label on the treadle and has an Allen-Bradley sealed pot inside with not a bit of crackle.  It's painted with what looks to be silver and black powder-coat.

It's big and clunky but works great.  Anybody know its vintage?

StephenGiles

Does it have a tone control from left to right?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

guitarhacknoise

hello burstbucker,
I believe most  of those are date stamped on the inside of the housing, got one here that says Feb. 1974. nice volume pedal, massive housing = ton'o room for whatever other circuit you want to add!
-matthias
"It'll never work."

Burstbucker

Stephen,

No tone control on this one.

Guitarhacknoise,

No date stamped inside this one.  Oh well, it might not be anything vintage but it sure is a nice volume pedal, and cheap too!

petemoore

PHazer...speed control on pedal.
 The crackly pot might give some interesting results with a phazer, especially if the 'spike' [scritch of the pot] in its resistance curve goes toward the fast side [you have to keep this in mind in case the pot stops on the scritch, and that's a full speed setting] ...it's big fun treadling on a PHazer Speed control !
 Just a suggestion.
 I'd try cleaning the pot...there are different solutions, I can't recommend one...I"m using RS Tuner Cleaner with varying results...helped [then totally killed] the Bridge pickup volumepot on my LP, otherwise seems to help.
 Changing it, you have to look at the potshaft shape and drive [gear or string] connector, ane the potmount, or get another identical ABradley potentiometer.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.