EA Tremelo build help

Started by WorkBench, October 16, 2004, 08:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkBench

Hello,
I got all of the parts from Smallbear and have the layout diagram from General Guitar Gadjets.  Has anyone built this?  Have any suggestions?  Does anyone know how I could get a drilling template for the BB enclosure?  This is my second build ever, well second pedal, so I could use a littl;e guidance.  Thanks all.
Chris
All good things in all good time

Fret Wire

There's a PDF file in this link that has a template for the 1590bb
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/boxtemplate.htm
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Paul Marossy

I've built it, but I designed my own PCB based on Greg Nabke's PCB layout. IMO, it sounds great. It should work fine, there's nothing special that you have to do such as matching JFETs or anything like that. If you do have any trouble, a lot of people here have built it and de-bugged it.

Some here would recommend a different version of the EA Tremolo that uses an LED and stuff. Don't know all the details, but it's supposed to be "improved". I like the original version just fine. To each his own.  8)

RDV

The improved version has a nice blinking Rate LED and a little simpler design using a mosfet front-end. The original does work fine however.
http://runoffgroove.com/eatremolo.html

RDV

WorkBench

Thanks all!
I finished it up tonight.  Works! Sounds good.  I am sending it to my father in law in Scotland tomorow. It was not working at first so I jumped the gun and started messing with the components on the board, really made a mess of the thing, and made it less stable long term.  Still was not working, then the next night, rested, I discovered that it was a simple wiring mess up, fixed in 2 seconds!  There's a lesson here!  I need another build, now!  I am amazed at how addicting this stuff is!  Thanks again for your help!
Chris
All good things in all good time

Paul Marossy

Welcome to the world of DIY...  8)
Glad to hear that you got it working.