help me find a simple LFO for my crash sync

Started by makkimo, October 16, 2004, 04:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makkimo

just finished my crash sync and it seems to work !!!!...
now is there anyone who can help me find a simple (i'm just a beginner..)LFO for my new pedal??? i need clear explanation how to connect it ....
THANK TO ALL GUYS

Hal

makkimo

Am'i mad if i say it looks to difficult to me???? :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

bobbletrox

Try Tim's Ez-Lfo:

http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html

(scroll down to the PWM schematic)  It ticked a tiny bit when I built it though.

Hal

thats like....5 passives an an op amp :-D

um.........I dunno.  look at it.  And read it.  And look at other stuff, and read that too, then conquor it.  You should be able to.

bobbletrox

Remove the triangle wave part to bring the parts count down maybe?

makkimo

ok guys few questions: :?  :?  :?
1)the ez lfo under PWM at Tim's site is designed to connect to the shmitt trigger at pins 3, 12, 13 (am'i right?..) how to connect it to the out of the crash sync???
2)trying to understand the first lfo posted : well ...out is crash sync out?; then ...have i to connect Vb terminations together?; have i to connect the lfo 9v to the crash sync one?
thank a lot

petemoore

Quote from: Hal

doesn't get much easier than that.
Can someone show me an effects circuit that has this in it?
  And/Or...recommend a circuit that I could use this for?
    Also recommmend some 'beginner' LFO reads ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ExpAnonColin

The LFO posted is a schmitt trigger/integrator pattern that is founda ll over the place with random variations.  The Tremulus lune uses it.  It's not super amplitude stable, but that's just a sacrifice you have to make when you have such an unbelievably simple LFO.  Just build it!  It's easy!

You can use it to drive and LFO if you wire teh output to the positive side, then a 1k resistor from the positive to negative side of the LED, then 1k to ground from the negative side.  Then, put the LED up to a photoresistor and you have yourself a modulating resistance.

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: makkimook guys few questions: :?  :?  :?
1)the ez lfo under PWM at Tim's site is designed to connect to the shmitt trigger at pins 3, 12, 13 (am'i right?..) how to connect it to the out of the crash sync???
2)trying to understand the first lfo posted : well ...out is crash sync out?; then ...have i to connect Vb terminations together?; have i to connect the lfo 9v to the crash sync one?
thank a lot

NO, OUT is the LFO's out.  Not the crash synch's out.  It's the LFO's voltage out.  A varying voltage.  Wire it as said in the last post and replace a pot with the photoresistor.  Vb is Vb everywhere, so you can connet those together, same with 9v.

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

P.S. Here's an almost identical LFO with more features added in... I was going to draw it up until I actually found this schem:

Even better, and still really simple:

-Colin

makkimo

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Well all I can say is that my idea of 'simple' is a bit different :wink:
But, looking at the Ray Wilson circuit with the LM13700, something easy to do wiht the 'spare' half of the 13700, is to make a triangle to sine converter (you just make a simple OTA style amp & overdrive it to optimum sine shape, or if you like put a pot in & you can go from tri to sin to rounded square, like I do on the 'tone' control of my commercial Infrared Theremin.
BTW, the Ray Wilson circuit there is drawn usign his own (free) schematic drawing program. GO RAY!!! http://www.musicfromouterspace.com