PENGUIN LOVE GAME ??

Started by brian wenz, October 17, 2004, 12:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
   Anybody know about this fuzz??   Schematic??
Brian.

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
  Just did a "search".  Paul Marossy brought it up awhile back...maybe some new info has surfaced since then.
Brian.

brian wenz

Hello Hello-
   Hhhmmm....wonder if it's still in production?  Bad Blood FX??
Brian.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: brian wenzBad Blood FX
= Ansil

-Colin

brian wenz

Hello Hello
     Ansil  is  Bad Blood FX??
Thanks-
Brian.

Paul Marossy

Yeah, I read about in a stompbox fever edition of Guitar Player about 10 years ago. They were even wondering if it was a legitimate effect. It looked like a production type thing to me. Someone said that it was probably a clone of a TS or a BMP.

Here is the thread I started back then: http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=1317&highlight=penguin

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I always thought the Penguin Love Game was a one-off. I don't think even the Japanese would put a fuzz in a specially-designed box like that.
I mean, how kawaii can you get :roll:

edit..  whoops, apparently PLG is Korean. In which case, ANYTHING is possible!!

MarkB

I don't think that is the same as Ansil's 'Penguin Love' pedal.

This is one of those mythical pedals - it was written about in GP magazine (mentioned above) and ever since, people have wanted to see/hear it.

Then again - I've never come across anyone who has... so I wonder if it wasn't either a one-off... or an april-fools joke.
"-)

Fret Wire

My mistake, I always thought Ansil made those.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Fret WireMy mistake, I always thought Ansil made those.

Me too.

:?  :?  :?  :?

-Colin

Paul Marossy

In the GP picture, it's in a white enclosure that's about the size of a Hammond 1590BB, with color (mostly green) graphics. It has three knobs - white, yellow and red. I'm assuming that is probably level, drive and tone. The switch is kind of weird looking, almost looks like the key off of a computer keyboard. It's hard to describe it with anymore detail than that from the tiny picture of it.

I sure would like to know more about that little pedal, just out of curiosity...

EDIT: Here's the text from GP describing it (accents are mine):

"We doubt if this Korean-crafted killer was ever a legit product, but it sure sounds good. The flip-open plastic box is covered in whimsical Asian stickers, and the footswitch was lifted from a computer keyboard(!). A very effective tone control yields scooped to boosted-mid textures with one of the heavier distortions around."

Maybe it's a BMP clone?

Jason Stout

Fret Wire wrote:
My mistake, I always thought Ansil made those.

anonymousexperimentalist Wrote:
QuoteMe too.

I think Ansil makes a Penguin Love pedal, while the Penguin Love Game pedal is an altogether different circuit with a different maker.

As for me, I just like the word penguin! :)

/Edited Typo
Jason Stout

Ansil

"Penguin Love Game. We doubt if this Korean-crafted killer was ever a legit product, but it sure sounds good. The flip-open plastic box is covered in whimsical Asian stickers, and the footswitch was lifted from a computer keyboard. A very effective tone control yields scooped to boosted-mid textures with one of the heavier-sounding distortions around. "

from guitar player online archive
http://archive.guitarplayer.com/archive/gear/stampede.shtml#fuzz

couldn't see a picture of it.

i make the penguin love pedal.  which started out from the original hatemachine into the sledgehammer into the penguin love pedal  which i derived the pedals name from the fabric that made the first actual penguin in  

http://geocities.com/cemaynard1134/sledgehammer.mp3  for the clip

this is a very old clip and the new ones sound much much better for personal opinions of the pedal you should contact.  davefx  as that was his custom pedal that the pic is of. i dont' have any new pics of that one. but i gave it to him on his way up from florida when he was moving back home and he said he loved it.

Paul Marossy

Cool, I love the penguin motif!
BTW, I didn't see the PLG in any of the pics in the GP online article. In the original publication, it was right next to the Ibanez TS-9...