SUPER TONE CONTROL ??????

Started by cedryck, October 17, 2004, 06:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedryck

HI everybody ,need help
does anyone have made the super tone control from the epfm book?
i began to built it  :D ,but it does work  :cry: i'm not sure of the schematic (don't have the book)
http://hem.passagen.se/robin2/effects.htm
if somebody can give me some advice,it will be very helpful
thanks   :roll: [/b]

RickL

1) despite having the same name that's not the project from the EPFM book

2) I'm pretty sure I built that one (I'd have to look through about 400 pedals to confirm) and my first guess is that you built it the way I did the first time with a single 9 volt power supply. That circuit needs a bipolar supply. If you did, disconnect pin 4 of all the opamps (assuming you used duals) from ground and add another 9 volt battery with the black wire going to all those points (red wire goes to ground). Assuming everything else is correct it should work.

If you did use a bipolar supply (and I'm correctly remembering building it) the usual debugging techniques should get it up and running.

cedryck

I use 2 battery ,but maybe i didn't connect them correctly.
Do u mean that i have to connect 1 battery on the pin 4 (Vcc+ and Vcc-)of the opamp and another with the (+) on the ground ?
what about the +of the second battery?
it's my first project without a Parts Layout/Wiring Diagram  ,it's a bit dificult for me ,but i have to make it work

cedryck

sorry what about the (-) of the second battery?

cedryck

thank you 1000 times
u saved me
i have cheked some other projects that use a bipolar supply to understand,did he same ,and it worked :lol:

RickL