Jimbob Ain't the only 1 !

Started by Lonestarjohnny, October 19, 2004, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestarjohnny

was at a sell today at 1 of the local shop's, they were cleaning out the bin's of old stuff and i got several deal's like this 1 for 3 buck's a bag

Now that's the kinda deal's make ya go back for more.
Johnny

george

what are the 2 things that look like bottletops?  Did you have a couple of beers to celebrate?  :)

Lonestarjohnny

They are mostly just Trinmmer's and Pot's, and good value's, there were 6 X 27K linear mini pot's that i'll use in the 808 clone and 5 X 500k log's, i needed both value's for a 808 Clone i'm working on tonight so this was a good find. There were some 100k's mixed in the bag also.
Johnny

Peter Snow

Hi Johnny,

Looks like you got a great deal!  A couple of questions for yer:

Over on the right hand side there is a 1 cent piece and next to it what looks like a TRIPLE ganged pot.  Is this for real or a trick of the camera? I don't think I have ever seen a triple pot - a double with a switch, yes, but a triple, no.

Also what the heck is that grey object to the right with buttons marked F1, F2, etc?  It looks like some alien joystick, but there seems to be an exhaust vent and some foot pedals on it!

Thanks,

Peter
Remember - A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Lonestarjohnny

I have never seen a triple myself until I opened this bag up, but that's what it are ! :D
The joy Stick was 1 of my son's favorite's when it first came out, he has since progressed on to a fancier 1, this 1 i'm experimenting with, i'm controlling my sound with it by midi sorta like a Synth on a keyboard. if I get it working the way I want it to, I'll be selling this Idea, my idea is, unstead of a hand control like it now has, this part I'll replace with a foot type control, that will have 360 degree control of stretching, sustaining the note and detuning and uptuning with an octave effect, the smaller button's will control added effect's,Fuzz ,Distortion, Chorus,Delay, Reverb, and vibrato,
I'm getting some unreal sound's out of this, Divebomb's are over the top, and it does do strange thing's to the note's being played, I'm not a design Eng. so i do have a way's to go on this before I'll call it a build,
just somethin i mess with when i get bored with my shop.  :D
Johnny

Peter Snow

Mark Hammer

I've got a quad gang 50k I have to show you sometime.  I was hoping to use it for a variable crossover at some point.

Lonestarjohnny

sure like to see it, But I would'nt want the job of makin a design that would incorperate all those post's,  :lol:
I find just getting 3 to work properly on a Normal pot can be a pain in the Butt sometime's !  :oops:
Johnny

Peter Snow

Hey Mark,  you could control the WORLD with that sucker! :D  :shock:

Peter

Mark Hammer

Yup.  Let Frodo have his stupid ring.  I've got the real deal!!  Half a rotation and the World Bank falls to its knees.

StephenGiles

Yes, one turn and the Black Watch will not go to Iraq!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

jimbob

Very nice find! Congrats.. Its funny cause i never find deals on parts-though RDV has some awsome ones i wanna take advantage of soon- instead i get the completed unit with maybe 1 problem or none at all. The only problem with that is that I feel too compelled to fix it than take it apart and use for the parts i need for my DIY stuff.

Bla bla bla..anyway.. Its good to see someone else is getting a good hook-up!  It just feels so damned good when it happens--like a kid in a candy store..It make me always wanna pay and race out the door before they change thier minds. And when im safetly away..im bouncing with excitemnt...he he he all the way home..Just like a kid again..But after a while that wears off..and I start thinking about the next time...
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

stm

Regarding the TRIPLE pot, I've heard there existed some triple pots with two identical valued pots and a third whose value was twice or half the other two.

That was to be used to tune the frequency of a twin tee notch circuit, where you have three resistors that must keep that ratio.  Perhaps yours is one of those. Did you measure the individual pot values?

Johan

Quote from: Mark HammerI've got a quad gang 50k I have to show you sometime.  I was hoping to use it for a variable crossover at some point.

..they are not that unusual in active crossovers to change the frequency in the linkwits-riley ( spelling?..sorry ) section...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Lonestarjohnny

measured all 3 gang's, all read at 100k, and it act's like an audio taper, wonder what it was used for, seems it would'a been a 1 of a kind application !
Johnny