New forum suggestion... archives of people perf designs?

Started by aaronkessman, October 20, 2004, 03:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronkessman

Aron and all,

I dont know how much space you have to run this message board, but it'd be really cool and helpful, i think, for people to post their board layout designs so other people can use them... stuff like PCB, perfboard, busboard, etc designs that THEY came up with - stuff that isnt on GGG or runoffgroove. Maybe someone has a Big Muff PCS design that they came up with to fit a certain box, one that's different from the ones already circulating. well, this might be just what someone needs. In the sharin spirit of the DIY community, I'd think a lot of people would like to see their designs used by others and poeple would like to use other people's designs.

again, i'm just talking about board layouts, not actual circuit designs... unless they pertain to mods, like adding a new pot somewhere, etc.

what do you think?

Aaron

aron

EXCELLENT. Send pics to me and I will compile them, in fact this works in with an idea I have had recently.

SEND AWAY!!!!!

online@diystompboxes.com

Gilles C

Aron, did you notice that once in a while, a newcomer or even an oldtimer discover a circuit that was once popular a few months or years ago on the forum.

An example of this is the Minibooster.

So, maybe a kind of compilation would also be nice to do with some basic circuits with the date and by who it was  dsigned. But also, what circuits are derived by them.

Like the Mini-booster, booster 2.5, Sweet Thing, etc...

Kind of what you did on the old Schematic link.

The Schematic 2 link is easier to maintain and has more links, but you have to know what you're looking for to follow the link from the original Mini-Booster to the circuits inspired by it.

The Shaka-Bradah is another good example of course of a design that inspired many others. That's also history now.

I know it's not an easy job to maintain such a list, but it could be done by someone else having enough time on his hands  to do that.

And that would help newcomers who were not there a few years ago.

Gilles

aron

Exactly my thought!!!!! THANK YOU guys for the suggestions!

Marcos - Munky

I liked the idea. Everthing that I do I put in my site, and there's no problem to include the layouts in the list.

jimbob

Awsome idear! That would esp help out the newer folk to the diy. I know i got a lotta use outta ROG pics/layouts when i fisrt started--than i ran out and had  to move on..Yes..i have built ALOT!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Aharon

I have 5 PCBs that are nowhere else(I meanTonepad,GGG,Geo,ROG etc.)
I made them with ExpressPCB.They would have to be proof-read but I would contribute them.
Aharon
Aharon

aaronkessman

even stuff off GGG, ROG, or any other sites. For example, I have a busboard layout for the EA Tremolo - there's already PCBs and perfs for it, but this design is just "different". Anything works, I say.

glad to know this is happening - thanks Aron!

Aaron

aron

Anyone can email me any file at:

online@diystompboxes.com

After this, I will figure out a way so you guys can upload it to a directory or through a online form etc...

Aharon

What are the chances of 3 Aron/Aaron/Aharon in the same forum?.
Aharon
Aharon

aron

Arno van der Heijden

DDD

Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

Arn C.