Get a taste of RC Booster?

Started by pswoods, October 21, 2004, 04:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pswoods

I want to try an R.C. Booster but there is no dealer within a hundred miles.

Does anyone know anything similar, or has anyone done a schematic? Any known circuits I can cobble together to get the gist of it? E.g. what's the gain based on?

Ooor... anyone know anywhere in Kansas City area that has one for sale?

vortex

I stumbled across the RC Booster while surfing online. Their website  //www.prosoundcommunications.com has some quicktime videos of a bunch of top level players  talking about this pedal.   With a roster of pros like Scott Henderson, Reeve Gabrels, Andy Brauer and Dean Parks the videos are worth viewing! The RC boost is a transparent clean boost pedal with volume/gain/treble and bass. This is the same company that makes the Robotalk pedal, they also make the AC Booster pedal which is an overdrive.

As a pedal enthusiast I couldn't help but wonder what the circuit was based on. You need Apple Quicktime to watch the videos, pretty cool! (and no I don't work for them!)

pswoods

watched the vids. very enticing. my interest is really piqued after the local place where i go for boutique stuff, Mass Street Music in Lawrence, KS, said they had had some in but they don't carry them anymore. isn't this crazy - the more i get steered away from it, the more i want to try it and hear for myself?!?!

i think the path to enlightenment for me on this subject is to just learn how to make a good, quiet EQ and proceed from there. I already know how to make an FET boost that makes me happy - and there is no end to tinkering with gritty ODs - so i guess the only thing this booster would really offer is EQ. well, that and being in one box. and being a buzzword/conversation piece - that's worth something, right? God forbid guitar players should have nothing to talk about but music!

oh, well - maybe i can have a few drinks and bring myself to buy one on eBay with the intent to resell it unless i go head-over-heels for it. just hope the hype doesn't die out and the price plummets while i'm holding one.

AL

Check the AMZ link above. There's a great transparent boost there.

AL

pswoods

Quote from: Fret WireSounds like a Boss FA-1 clone might be up your alley.
http://www.prophecysound.com/sweetfa.html

http://prophecysound.com/diyroot/effectsDIY.html

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=212

Never heard of it; it must be great -  :D

Seriously, tho - looks like a good tip. Mucho thanko.

Satch12879

From the RC Booster website:

"This pedal also acts as a buffer that helps to fight against signal degradations caused by long cables as well as electromagnetically noisy condition."

"True bypass for eliminating any signal interference when it is switched out."

So basically according to this the buffer feature is negated by the true bypass feature.

Meatheads...
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com