GGG's Sonic Distortion w/o DC Jack... question

Started by otokomae, October 21, 2004, 05:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otokomae

Hey, I've noticed that there seem to be at least a few people here who've built this version of the SD9 (http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/sonic_lo.gif), and I'm about to build one OMITTING THE DC JACK.  I was just hoping to troubleshoot before I begin, and see if anyone can tell me of any problems I might run into by doing this (grounding, etc.).  Also, if anyone has done this successfully, I'd greatly appreciate any advice on how I should wire that part of the pedal differently.  I've already emailed JD Sleep to get his advice on it, but I always get great advice here so I thought I'd post on this site as well to see what people have to say.  Also, if anybody has any great mods for this pedal, I'd really like to hear them!  I'm building according to the directions first (3DPT and everything), but I might mod it later and would like to hear what others have tried.  Thanks!!!

Tychobrahe1979

Hi

If you are not putting the dc jack in you just hook the positive of your 9v battery connector to the same location as shown on the board and the negative of the battery connector to the input sleeve. There will be no problems at all doing this. If you are still going to use the effect on/off LED then you would attach the power wire going to the LED to the same point on the board where the 9v battery positive is connected.
   I've built this distortion and I really like it. I usually have my Green Ringer in front. It sounds awesome to me.