Mouser IS stocking 16mm audio taper pots?

Started by phillip, October 21, 2004, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Yesterday I emailed Mouser about the possibility of them stocking the non-detented Alpha 16mm mini pots in audio taper, and here's the email that they sent back:

QuoteThank you for your inquiry to Mouser Electronics. We have provided below a Mouser stock numbers with pricing and delivery for the 16mm audio pots, the round shaft are only able with solder lugs, values from 1K, 2K, 5K, 10K, 50K, 100K, 500K, 1M. Knurled shaft series are available with solder lugs and PC pins. Values available in these series with knurled and screwdriver shafts are 1K, 2K, 5K, 10K, 25K, 50K, 100K, 250K, 500K, 1M.

It looks like they do indeed have the 16mm pots in audio taper, and it also appears as if they've just added them to their product line. THe page says that the minimum purchase number is one @ $1.27.  Here's the page for 100K 16mm audio taper pots:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=546819&e_categoryid=319&e_pcodeid=03109

There's a "NEW" thing at the bottom of that page with links to several other values of the 16mm audio taper pots.  It doesn't say anything about them having detent positions so I assume that they're non-detented...

Phillip

markr04

Yeah, those are the ones I found yesterday.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

phillip

Now if they weren't out of the 100K audio taper 16mms.  Looks like they're doing some brisk business with them ;)

Phillip

smallbearelec

They are not dumb...I figured that sooner or later they would notice that I was ordering thousands of these through Xicon and do something about it. I will adjust my wholesale pricing accordingly.

Brian Marshall

funny, i've emailed them at least 10 times about them.... but the truth is that their discounts still suck on them.... I get some of my pots from mouser, but when i need a bunch small bear just makes more sense.

lovekraft0

FWIW, Mouser doesn't appear to have any of these pots in stock, and the delivery dates window states the following:
QuoteThere are no more quantities on order. The typical lead time of this product is 13 weeks....
. Just a heads-up.