News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Cool noise

Started by jmusser, October 21, 2004, 07:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

I was just playing around with my Rex's Fuzz, (which I had just put in a housing). I must have had everything adjusted just right, because once I quit playing, and was just about to put up everything, I could hear this sound through the amp, that was self generated by oscillation, I guess. It sounds like someone bouncing a wiffle ball around in a racketball court! I went ahead and wrote down the position of everything, and then played with the different guitar and amp positions. It's weird, and totally random, like a tap dancer having a seizure. The level for the reverb will adjust the volume, and if the reverb is not on, the noise is not there. Also, I have to use the middle pickup position on the switch of my fat strat or it won't work either. What an odd thing! If I hadn't had everything at just the right position, I would never have heard it. The more I play around with the Rex's Fuzz, the more I change my opinion of it. It's a pretty decent fuzz. It is really sensitive to what pickup is selected. I feel that at least on my stuff, the middle position fits this fuzz best. Has anybody come across stuff like this before in the weird noise category?
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".