My Latest creation

Started by Hungeryhippie, October 22, 2004, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hungeryhippie

May I introduce you to The Dame

GreenEye

Let me be the first to say:  WOW!   :shock:  :D  :o

aaronkessman

very professional what with the cable ties and shrink tubing:)

any shots of the underside of the board?

is it a tubescreamer?

Hungeryhippie

thank you for your fast replys, yes indeed it it a tube screamer. The extra switches are for changing the resistor/cap bit in the feed back loop to make it a bit more bassier and a bit more gain, and chaning the diodes from standard TS to three one side and one on the other.

So its a TS with more and then more!

Mark Hammer

At this point, after all the various amazing t-shirt transfer graphics that have showed up here, I have to say I'm jaded.  What I AM impressed by, though, and which no one has mentioned, is that you made the whole damn case yourself.  Mahogany's nice to work with, isn't it?  And your foot has gotta love the sloped front.

The nice thing about DIY chassis is that you can make them to preferred size.  Could all of what's here have fit in a 1590BB?  Sure.  The circuit could easily fit onto a piece of perfboard 1/3 the size of what's shown (and I'll bet Francisco could squeeze it down to 25%!).  Tilt the box to mount the switches along the "long" side, stick the jacks in the right spot and away you go.

But would it be usable?  Would you be able to comfortably access individual footswitches in a gigging situation and know that you *wouldn't* accidentally hit the wrong one?  Probably not.  The custom case spaces the footswitches  where the user needs them...apart.  Nice work.

David

I hate you!  No, I hate myself because I'll freakin' NEVER be able to build something that looks that good!  That case is too beautiful to be wasted on a stupid TS!

Crikey!  Nice work!  I'm green with envy right down to my Irish toenails!

Paul Marossy

BDuguay

Well I'm speachless......

smashinator

How did you form the sheet metal?  Please say hammer and countertop!  :twisted:
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

Bill_F

Great job!!!

Is that T-Shirt transfer? If so, how did you get it to bend over the edges?

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Hal

what are those big blocks to the right of the IC?  My guess is they're diodes, because I dont see the diodes anywhere...??

Torchy

The big blocks look to me like poly-layer caps (Maplin specials ?  :wink: )

Phorhas

One of the most beautiful piece of gear I ever saw... my jaw was touching the floor...
Electron Pusher

Marcos - Munky

aron

What kind of printing? That's not T-Shirt transfer is it?

That is one of the best boxes I have seen.

Congratulations!!!!!!

mat

WHOA!!

So beautiful, so beautiful...

congratsulations and thanks for shearing  :D

mat

ragtime8922

nightingale

be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

StephenGiles

That is an amazing piece of work. Seems a pity to stamp your foot on the lady!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".