True Bypass Box with power adapter help

Started by jcrhee, October 22, 2004, 03:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcrhee

Great site. I am a newbie when it comes to DIY stomp boxes. So I need graphical diagrams. I'm looking to make the True Bypass Box that has been shown on this site and was wondering how I can incorporate an AC adapter plug into the design. Thanks. Again I apologize for such a newbie question.

petemoore

True bypass would have the greater effect on a tone sucker like a wah than it would something with Jfet switching arrangement.
 Jfet switching arrangement...it is argueable whether it's worth the trouble to morph it to true bypass.
 Power switching should be kept separate [I think, for noise reasons and other]. AFAIK almost all pedals keep the circuit powered while in bypass mode.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

vanhansen

I think what he wants to do is use AC power to power the LEDs in the TB box rather than a battery.  Am I right jcrhee?
Erik

jcrhee

Yes. That is exactly what I am going after. Also did anybody turn that simple "one loop" design into let say 3 with 3 seperate send and return as well as 3 switches and LEDs.

aron

jcrhee

vanhansen

I was just about to look for that.  :D  aron beat me to it.  That is the easiest way.  Then, if you want to use a batter, just unclip the jack and put a battery on.

There's a pic in the FAQ forum on making a box with multiple TB loops.  Here's the link:

http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=22432
Erik

jcrhee