yardbox or tonebender

Started by gdmart, October 22, 2004, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdmart

I have a  four knob 1999 yardbox.  sounds thin and doesnt clip like the tonebender pro II.Have any of you modded this pedal back to  get more of that early tone bender sound think Page/Beck.It also has true bypass and, led and ,dc jack

b_rogers

maybe trace out the circuit and post it, and some of the smart guys here can help! maybe as simple as a cap change or 2

brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

phillip

It's a Tonebender 3-knob with some tweaks:

Phillip

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
    Yeah, the Yardbox does not sound as good as the REAL 3-knob circuit with some good OC trannys.   The trannys that are used in the Yardbox are pretty limp sounding.  I've built a few 3-knob TB's and they sound much better then the YB.  If you really want the Page-era Yardbirds and early Led Zep fuzz, build the 2-knob MK II [3 tranny].  A Telecaster played through that box is IT!
Brian.

gdmart

brian thanks for the input is there a good schematic around?
 some folks said to use oc 76 or oc84 trannys.I have pnp oc44, oc84 and oc75 which would be the best is there a chart somewhere that describes tranny freq and specs?some also say to lose the pre gain pot on the yard box.I like the idea of a 250k pot between the tone and volume pots.
   I really think Ill build a 2 knob version in sted of messing with the yard box except socketing the trannys in the yardbox

phillip

Quote from: gdmartis there a good schematic around?

Just posted one above Brian's post :)

Phillip

gdmart

so I guess p.e inserted a 250k pot in sted of 220k resistor as did phillip on the lawnbox as shown.why is this addition not on the origonal layouts.is anything at all between tone and volume pots on the earlier versions.does the pot color tone or fidelity as some others have sugested? why the resistor change from 10uf to 47 also?? --- so many questions  :)

brian wenz

Hello Hello-
      Do you want a schematic for the Yardbox or the TB MK II ??  Either way it's Phillips'  Fuzz Central to the rescue.   If you really have to build the Tonebender 3-knob circuit ["Yardbox"] do not put anything between the tone and volume controls....it robs you of some guts.   My vote still goes to the TB MK II....lots more fuzz and a simpler circuit!
Brian.

gdmart

sorry for being so confusing.I have a yardbox 1999,I want to build the box that page and beck used,I think it was the sola 2 knob tonebender version.Im looking for a schematic and pbc if possible for that one

brian wenz

Hello Hello-
     Yeah, the Sola MK II is the one!   Fuzz Central has the schematic and layout for it.
Brian.