Boutique Fuzz Trim pot ?

Started by tungngruv, November 07, 2004, 12:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

I'm building the GGG "Boutique Fuzz" PNP, neg ground. I noticed the schem and layout diagram leave one of the lugs of the 10K trimpot unconnected. Is that correct? The multi face has the same trim pot and 2 and three are connected together. Thanks in advance for any help!!

markusw

You can wire it both ways. Does'nt make any difference to the sound. If I got it right, connecting the lugs just prevents crackling because even if the pot has a small gap in its way (infinite resistance) you still would have the total resistance of the pot between your wires. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

petemoore

Connecting the 'extra' lug does what you described. If the pot is functioning correctly will read the same R value whether this pin is wired to the wiper or not.
 At one time, A pot manufacturer probably considered the possibility of making a two pronged pot for ever so slightly less mfg. cost than a 3 lugger, I've never heard or seen of a two lug pot being used except in Mr. Ohms early experiments with resistive material.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

tungngruv