mr echo problems

Started by gdmart, November 08, 2004, 07:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdmart

We have a early version mr echo( S.I.B). It gets noisey when used with higher output pickups.it distortes after 3-4 repeats,and setting the mix knob high it gets even more distorted.Id like suggestions on what to change.Its not nder any warrenety.Is the input getting overloaded??

moogatroid2000

I am not sure what exactly a Mr Echo is but I will assume it is an analog delay. If so it seems this is the nature of the beast. The longer the delay time is the more lo-fi the result is.
Of course this may not be what your talking about but I think it fits.
Keep in mind I am a noob and don't really _know_ anythng, just a guess.
live and learn.

gdmart

mr echo is a commercial echo/delay built by a company called S.I.B.
         some one told me that the early versions had noise problems when used with hot guitar  pickups.I was also told that the newer versions dont have this problem.Mine does.The mfg wont say what the fix is for this and mine is not covered by warrenty.So I was asking if anyone had  an idea of what would cause this input distortion and what might fix it.At this stage Im not clear where to start looking   thanks :wink:

moogatroid2000

Do you have any Boss pedals? Try putting one in front of the delay. Turn the boss pedal off. Boss pedals have a buffer stage when in bypass. If this clears things up then I'd guess an input buffer is all that is needed.
If not, then I am probably out of the running for providing a good answer.  :?
live and learn.