Where can I buy fun chemicals like...

Started by Joe Hart, November 09, 2004, 07:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hart

...Ammonium Persulphate and Sodium Persulphate? I mean around town. I wouldn't even know where in the phone book to look. I can find it online, but it's easier if I found something local. Thanks!!
-Joe Hart

Benny

Try here: http://www.youdoitelectronics.com/

They're in Needham, MA.  Pretty neat store, lots of supplies for the electronics hobbyist... you'll never go near Radio Shack again!  I picked up a bottle of ammonium persulfate there for about $20.

Benny

Rodgre

Yeah, if you're within an hour of Boston, you owe it to yourself to check them out. I go out there at least once a year.

They're quite well stocked, but not the cheapest place on earth. I get most everything via mail order, but when I absolutely NEED something, and Radio Shack down the street doesn't carry it, then it's off to You Do It. It's right off of 128 in Needham Heights.

Roger

Joe Hart

Cool. I've been to You-Do-It many, many times. I just didn't know if there was a type of place that may carry it that would be cheaper. If you think Radio Shack's expensive, check the prices at You-Do-It!  Pots are over $2.00 each! Oh well. It's off to Needham. Thanks.
-Joe Hart