Looper Pedal Options? (ala Boomerang)

Started by Jay Doyle, November 09, 2004, 01:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Doyle

Hello all, I have a friend who is in the market for a loop pedal for him to play bass lines on from his keyboard/organ and he was wondering what options are available out there that may be adequate but cheaper than a Boomerang?

Thanks in advance,

Jay Doyle

The Tone God

There was a recent disscussion about using the winbond recorder IC. I belive it was under the "Lo-Fi" thread. Thats pretty much the easist way to make one but  its not "CD quality" recording. If you want good recording quality you going to have to hack something together which is something that maybe beyond typical DIYers.

Andrew

vseriesamps

I think you're just asking about which one to buy, which is a good question but might be out of the scope of this board. If ya wanna go OT, hit the lounge, it's always a good time.

That said, people swear by that green Line6 thing. You can't edit layers of loop on that one though as you go, which is why my friends prefer the Akai Headrush.

If you wanna support the small guy, go Z. Vex Lo-Fi Junky Loop, or whatever it's called. It's rocks alot more hacked vibe, which can be cool.

As far as cheap goes? Good luck. A cd player and a homebrew ReAmp box.
uh oh