Tube Reamer Cap ?

Started by tungngruv, November 09, 2004, 01:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

I need a .033uf and .47uf cap for the ROG Tube Reamer. Can I just combine a .022 and .01 in parallel for the .033, and two .22 in parallel for the .47 ? Would that add up to close enough for what the schematic calls for? Otherwise, I'll have to wait 10 days to get them from Small Bear. Thanks for any help.

petemoore

Quote from: tungngruvI need a .033uf and .47uf cap for the ROG Tube Reamer. Can I just combine a .022 and .01 in parallel for the .033, and two .22 in parallel for the .47 ? Would that add up to close enough for what the schematic calls for? Otherwise, I'll have to wait 10 days to get them from Small Bear. Thanks for any help.
>>>Sockets...
 For the .0033, I'd just sub the .0022...
 For the .47uf two parallel .22uf's should work, or just a .22uf for a slightly different sound till the .47uf comes in.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Gilles C

I began to wire mine, and I decided to do just that. I'll use a .022 et a .01 in parallel... but the .01 will be selectable with a switch to change the sound. It is possible that I make a 3rd cap (.01 or .022) selectable with another position of the switch to make the circuit more versatile. (with an ON-OFF-ON switch). That way, I would go from .022 to .042 or .052  :) .

So I would suggest you do the same to make sure of the cap value you prefer until you get the correct one.

Gilles

tungngruv