Octave Up Sick Box

Started by Doug_H, November 11, 2004, 08:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug_H

gazza

I'd have though you guys would like a band who named their album after  the fuzz/distortion boxes that the two guitarists use !  

mudhoney were a seminal band for me when they released that stuff ( I  was 17-18ish ) and very much fitted in to the sub-pop sound of the time along with other stuff like my bloody valentine and dinosaur jr etc...

I had been pondering about building a super fuzz,  but now I might try the sick box, especially as i still can't get my green ringer to make any sound.

Gareth.

Doug_H

jmusser

Sorry Doug, but there is still no luck with the Gargletron. Did you see the thread I just put out on it about the TL062 chip? Right now, that's one part that's a little "iffy". One problem I did find, was that I had put my 2 pairs of 1.1 meg resistors in parallel instead of series to make 2.2 meg. I guess because I had to put the two 10 megs in parallel to make a 5 meg, I just had it in my head. It still didn't help though. The sample didn't show what the single notes would sound like. I'm hoping it'll be as nice as the Cool Cat #3 sample on Moosapotamus. That anti-wah or what I call Wuhh sound is very pronounced, and very vowel like. If the Gargletron is anyway near as nice as that, it'll have been worth the effort. The Cool Cat is pretty involved, and I figure if I can't get this one going, I have no business attacking that one for awhile. The Octup is still all octed up too. I have a thread on it too.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".