3G dual gate/panner circuit posted

Started by StephenGiles, November 11, 2004, 04:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Here's most of the circuit for this extraordinary gate, boasting attack times as short as 10usec - instantaneous I would say.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/StephenGiles/gate1.jpg
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Nah... I'll probably be doing a layout in a few weeks :P

Thanks for the schem!!!

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

toneman

what's with that "harmonics null"???
where U get this schemo???
Looks like the OA near the "null"  is a OTA(CA8080?).
Looks like it's part of another schemo(?)_
Looks "British" also cause the resistors are rectangles.
Thanx 4 the link
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

StephenGiles

THis was in September 1988 Home & Studio Recording, originally designed by a company called Time Machine who later sold the design to 3G based in Southend on Sea in Essex, England, probably pronounced Sarfend in those parts! I still have a PCB which I'll solder up one of these days, I'll post photos of each side iof the PCB if anyone is interested, but next week because we are going to see Bridget Jones tomorrow, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on Sunday (a competition win for my wife).

The "opamp" near the null is a DBX 2150 VCA chip for which you could use the That2180.
Stephen

LP Hovercraft

This looks like a very cool build.  My guitarist buddies that I've been building these excellent DIY projects for really dig running boosters into germanium fuzzes into cranked amps which results in an ugly hiss that sounds like Steve Irwin's weekend all-angry-snake crazy danger super party.  The Tone-Pad Noise Gate is a uniquely accessible project for this type of problem.  It would be extremely cool to check out another noise gate unit.  :P  :)  :D  :lol: