truth about Fullltone distortion pro....

Started by dubs, November 11, 2004, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhansen

Quote from: Ed G.I wouldn't worry too much about what is in it. By all accounts that I've read on harmony-central (for which most people post glowing reviews of their gear) the reviews have been mediocre at best. A lot of people saying it's not the "300-pound violin" tone they were expecting.

I would agree.  I have one.  Traded a few pedals I disliked more for it.  With lots of tweaking, it's not bad but it's more like a fuzz to me.  I may sell it and use the $$$ for something else, like more DIY parts. =)  Right now, my 20 month-old daughter likes playing with it while she watches daddy play.  It's not in my rig anyway, just sitting there alone.
Erik

RDV

Anybody who wants it but missed, PM me with an email address and I'll send it to ya, but it's not that special, just build a Rodent from GGG instead.

RDV

petemoore

Ok here's the truth about my subjective opinions about the Fulltone product in question, under the conditions to which I imposed on it.
 ... on my rig, with a 'voiced' booster [in my guitar so it doesn't count as a stompbox], through my particular amp, but not through the 4x12'' Greenbacks.
 I don't have one. If I did it would probably be "My Truth" only.
 What am I typing about ??? oh yea...ethics  :?  :cry:
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dubs

There are some flaws and "quick fix" mods in his design.
Depsite Mr Fulltone's arrogance, he did pave the way for alot boutique pedal builders and his does make very high quality products.

Anyway you can PM me with your email and I'll send you a schem.

cd

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how AMZ's Overdrive Pro is almost exactly the same (which is to be expected) :) :)

petemoore

Quote from: cdI'm surprised no-one has mentioned how AMZ's Overdrive Pro is almost exactly the same (which is to be expected) :) :)
>>>Has everything you need to Distort and Control Tone. What more could you ask for? Tweek some nice parts into this one and make a great box...Mine goes from Super Wild S.S. Banner tones to mild OD.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Phorhas

but - it's aouput is very weak... it'll help to stick alow gain OA of fet stage

- an inverting stage can also help to prevent oscillation
Electron Pusher